About the Role
Zero Accident Consulting LLC is looking for qualified independent safety consultants to complete insurance risk assessment surveys for commercial businesses. Contracted work may require travel within an approximate 100-mile radius from your location. Fair compensation for travel is covered, both time and expense.
Safety consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, communicating with clients to schedule appointments and site-visits, traveling to and performing all assigned safety surveys within territory, evaluating work areas and jobsites for unsafe conditions, conducting site safety inspections, preparing detailed reports of findings using appropriate forms, diagrams, photos and narratives to provide a clear understanding of exposures.
Job type: Contracted work with continuous ongoing assignments (1099)
Scope of work: Wide-range of industrial and commercial businesses within an approximate 100-mile radius of your location.
Our opportunities are ideal for motivated and outgoing individuals who enjoy the challenge of working in a variety of settings. We seek consultants who:
- Have a strong knowledge of safety regulations and best practices.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Can manage work assignments independently.
- Can perform site safety audits and inspections, complete comprehensive report of findings including remediation/correction plan to ensure compliance.
- Can quickly understand and can describe a business operation.
- Have the ability to examine work sites to identify hazards in the workplace and look for sources of potential injury to those at or near location.
- Can assist various clients with transportation compliance needs, including written DOT program development, driver training, and record keeping.
- Have proficient abilities in the use of Microsoft Word and basic abilities in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Can prepare detailed reports of findings using appropriate forms, diagrams, photos and narratives to provide a clear understanding of exposures.
- Experience in the insurance industry.
- BA/BS degree in occupational safety, risk management, or related field of study.
- Strong OSHA knowledge or willingness to participate in trainings.
- Experience in performing risk assessments/loss control surveys.
About the Company
We are a national safety consulting firm providing professional risk management and loss control services to our customers who are primarily insurance companies. Our firm is experiencing growth throughout the country, and we are expanding our team. With the support of our small remote staff, our field team of contracted consultants professionally fulfill our field assignments according to the specifications of each project and customer. Our Loss Control Managers oversee the work of our consultants to ensure that we are completing work that meets the expectations of our clients.